Home 2018-07-18T16:41:03+00:00

Welcome!

The Council of Classified Employees’ website is designed to provide you with easy access to information about our local, membership services, labor issues and hot topics affecting your job here at Palomar College.

Executive Council Meeting

Day & Time:

2nd Wednesday, 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Location: H-306

Current News

See you at our General Membership meeting July 24, 2018, P32, 12-1pm!

Janus Decision

On June 27th the Supreme Court issued a 5-4 decision in favor of Mark Janus in the Janus v. AFSCME Council 31 case. The ruling overturns decades of precedent and eliminated the ability of public sector unions to collect fair share or agency fees from non-members.  While deeply disappointed, we are not surprised and we are prepared to keep standing together.

As you know from our previous email, we are at 85.5% membership, the other 14.5% of classified employees as of today will no longer be paying their “fair-share” and are not members of our Local #4522. At this time, we would like to thank & encourage all our members to keep standing strong and invite those non-members to join us TODAY. As a union, we know that sticking together is our best bet to ensure we have the wages, benefits and working conditions that we need to serve our students well.

In our local, we have accomplished much over the past 5 years because we have stuck together which has given us the ability for things like, having an attorney at the negotiations table and for consultations as well as attend trainings and much more.  Our health care, wages, retirement benefits are a direct result of the strength of our union membership. We highlighted our recent victories in our email last week, such as our upcoming 2.71 COLA and 24 holidays. However, now much of what we have won is at risk if we don’t stay strong.

If you have questions about your membership status, please contact Michelle the Membership/Communications Officer at michelle@palomarcceaft.org or Anel, your local union President at anel@palomarcceaft.org. Let’s stay strong local #4522! Our students are worth fighting for! Our families and communities are worth fighting for! Our union is worth fighting for!

Standing together,

Your E-Council

Working People, Standing Together

Join Local 4522!!!

Local 4522 represents non-supervisory classified staff at Palomar College in San Marcos, California.  Classified staff includes secretaries, instructional assistants, groundskeepers, computer programmers, and many other support positions.

We need your membership and support. Fill out the Membership Application print and then sign the document

Send the Membership Application to CCE/AFT Treasurer via campus mail or to the following address:

Palomar College CCE/AFT Local 4522
ATTN: Treasurer
1140 W Mission Road
San Marcos, CA 92069

For more information contact the Treasurer at 760-744-1150 ext.2790.